EARLS COLNE PARISH COUNCIL
Parish Clerk / Responsible Financial Officer
A vacancy has arisen for a Clerk / RFO to serve this highly active Parish Council with effect from 9th September 2020. The responsibilities of the position will include:
- Preparing agendas and servicing Parish Council meetings
- Staffing the Parish Council Office four days a week
- Advising councillors on matters relating to Council business
- Preparing and receiving correspondence on behalf of the Council
- Handling questions and queries from members of the public
- Supervising staff
- Financial management
- Administering Village Hall bookings
Successful candidates should be able to demonstrate:
- They hold the CiLCA qualification or equivalent, or be prepared to undertake training to this level
- Highly effective interpersonal skills
- Experience of local government (or similar) environment
- Administrative and financial management experience
- A sound understanding of the needs and issues of the locality
- The ability to take responsibility for management of the Council`s financial affairs
The role is for 25 hours a week and will be based in the Parish Council Office in the Village Hall. Salary will be based on the National Scale according to experience.
A Job Description and Application Form can be downloaded using these links :
Job Description Application Form
A Job Description and Application Form can also be obtained from :
The Parish Clerk, Village Hall, York Road, Earls Colne, Essex CO6 2RN
Telephone: 01787 224370
Closing date for applications: 31st July 2020
NOTICE OF PUBLIC RIGHTS AND PUBLICATION OF UNAUDITED ANNUAL GOVERNANCE & ACCOUNTABILITY RETURN 2019-20
Earls Colne Parish Council has approved the Annual Return for the period 1st April 2019 – 31st March 2020 and this has been sent to the External Auditors.
Residents have the right to inspect our Annual Return and financial records and these will be available to the public until Friday 14th August in the Council Chambers.
Office hours are 9.30 – 12.30 Monday to Thursday.
Please contact the Clerk to make an appointment on 01787 224370 or email@example.com.
Our Annual Return and Notice of Public Rights can be found here.